Monday, November 24, 2008

Who are you?

In Children's Lit., we study Winnie-the-Pooh. I've never understood why more Children's Lit. courses fail to study this amazing work of literature. Or, in fact, why more English Departments don't include it in the curriculum - although, I do know of someone who professes to recite some of Pooh's hums in his poetry class.

Of course, now I'll find all the Children's Lit. subjects running Winnie-the-Pooh. But before I do, I came across Jeremy Clarkson's reflections on Milne in The Times here. (And, yes, I'm a Top Gear fan. I like watching them try to destroy the Toyota pickup on stressed-out days.) I think Clarkson (Tigger) is onto something. So, if you find yourself agreeing that everyone in the world can be categorised as a Milne character - and you are willing to ignore all the complaints in the comments section about pigeonholing people - you can try this quiz. I always personally felt more of a Piglet (Hammond), but apparently, according to this quiz, I'm Pooh...

Oh well... I always enjoyed the Tao of Pooh.

No comments: