Monday, November 30, 2009

What to do with an old phone box?

I read today in The Guardian about the upcycling of a village phone box into a village library (link).

I've been really interested in the rise of the digital book (this link takes you to a great comic about online reading), but I have to admit, there are advantages to the old paper and ink. For a start, you can convert an old phone box into a spontaneous library where people simply drop off their old books and 'borrow' new ones.

The Times has released a list of sci-fi and fantasy novels for Christmas. I was amused that of Lev Grossman’s The Magicians it was noted: "It could be described as Harry Potter for grown-ups." Still? We're still going with that comparison? Never mind... I should probably look that one up myself.

No comments: