Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teaching Tools

Reading io9 earlier this morning, I couldn't help but think that one of these screens would be great to have in a lecture theatre. My lecturing would be greatly enhanced with such a toy... I mean, hi-tech visual aid. (Yes, I would totally spin the files like Castle does. And possibly freeze the entire system.)

If you catch up with the morning spoilers on the site, too, you'll spot a quote from The Guardian, where Steven Moffat says: "For me, Doctor Who literally is a fairy tale. It's not really science fiction. It's not set in space, it's set under your bed. It's at its best when it's related to you, no matter what planet it's set on." Speaking last night of fairy tale fashion, Doctor Who is, of course, one of the exceptions to the general lack of male fashionability. Converse sneakers, bow ties, his fashion look is highly debated and critiqued. I'm also rather excited about the fashions for the new companion. I heard the rumour of 'vintage'.

2 comments:

titanium said...

what about all leather 9th Doctor? And what about the changing Doctor? (11th)

David Tennant certainly has good style though!

Doc-in-Boots said...

Bow tie - I'm already following the costume decisions for the 11th closely! And there is, of course, the scarf. I can't believe I left out the scarf...