Sunday, April 25, 2010

Literary/horror Mash-Ups Continued...

I've been teaching Little Women in the Children's Literature unit. So, without further preamble, let me pass along news of the imminent release of Little Vampire Women. For some reason, I'm finding this one particularly intriguing. Perhaps in part because I think it would delight Jo March. Remember, she did like penning the odd salacious tale, a habit she had in common with Alcott herself, who wrote romantic thrillers for the magazine trade (a selection are available in this volume).

I also think Amy March would make an excellent vampire, although she would continue to have issues about her nose shape.

Now I shall eagerly await the first grad. student who feels the urge to understand this current phenomenon.

1 comment:

lorrikeet214 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.