Saturday, October 23, 2010

Giving Scary Books

I think this idea from Neil Gaiman's recent post is great - basically, on Halloween, give someone - or many someones - a scary book.

It did give me pause for thought, though, as I realised most of my friends already read the books I read. Can I think of a scary book they haven't come across? Any suggestions?

It also occurred to me that many fairy tales count as very scary stories. Just check out the Baba Yaga tales and lines like:

"Then the doll's eyes began to shine like fireflies, and suddenly it became alive."

What could be better than a book of Baba Yaga tales?

And since Neil Gaiman suggested that some readers felt "that it's not proper blog post unless it has Dog Photos," I thought I'd use that as an excuse to include one myself. He's been threatening to eat the teetering pile of essays I have yet to grade.

1 comment:

titanium said...

if the dog eats mine I'm happy to accept an HD instead.