Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Quick, Jetlagged Wave


There are definite perks to teaching on an Italian campus. Above is one of them. And if I'd had the sense to jot down my favourite gelato shop, I would, of course, share it with you. But I've forgotten. I'll have to track it down for later.

The experience was fantastic and I hope the students had just as wonderful a time as I had... even though they had to put up with a voiceless teacher for at least two classes. Yes, I lost my voice. So we proceeded in the literary tradition of the fairy tale, courtesy of word processing and a projector.

I'm working through the grading today and getting ready to start the semester's classes tomorrow. Hopefully, the jetlag excuse will hold for a few more days, particularly since I combined it with a cold caught on the flight back.

No comments: