Tuesday, October 11, 2011

As You Wish

I just had a few days off. For the first time in a long while, I officially called this 'a holiday.' I also remained off-line. It was wonderful.

I spent some time with family and with the old, dead relatives. During this time, I discovered that I'm descended from Morgensterns. My squeal of delight completely baffled my grandfather, who glanced over the gravestones, trying to fathom why his granddaughter was executing a happy skip in a most inappropriate place (don't worry, everyone there had passed away a long, long time ago). Yes, if you know me, you know that The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favourite novels and that it is 'abridged' from S. Morgenstern's novel. That I have Morgensterns in my family tree thrills me.

When I returned, I found in the comment to the last post the link to a Princess Bride cast reunion.


That seemed to be serendipity. I think I need to watch the film again!


P.S. I'm also thinking of putting The Princess Bride on the Fairy Tale Traditions curriculum. I'd been teaching it in Fantasy Narratives, but I do think it'll work better in Fairy Tale Traditions.

1 comment:

LJ said...

It would be a brilliant addition to Fairytales! Dewit!